Einkorn Wolfberry Muffins the Perfect Midday Snack
Ready for a delicious and nutritious snack to get you through the midday energy slump? Einkorn Wolfberry Muffins pack a powerful punch!
Einkorn Wolfberry Muffins
- 1 cup wolfberries
- 4 cups einkorn flour
- 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Fill the muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Beat eggs with a mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and beat on medium-low for 1 minute, then on high for 4 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, stir together the coconut milk, butter, oil, and honey.
5. Fold the flour mixture into the eggs. Gently stir the coconut milk mixture into the batter. Fold in the wolfberries.
6. Spoon the batter evenly into the cups, filling to the rim.
7. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 375°F and place the muffin pan into the oven.
8. Bake for 25 minutes, rotating the muffin pan halfway through the cooking time until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the muffin.
9. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then lift the muffins out and let cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes.